Well, the Olympics are over. While I cannot imagine what the athletes are feeling as they prepare to go back to normal life, I DO feel I can empathize a bit... The Beijing Games have seriously altered our daily routine and it will be difficult to return to the way things were. We found ourselves purposely orienting our schedules around the broadcast times so that we never missed a minute. We were there for all eight of Michael Phelps' gold medals, the high-flying glory of the gymnastics teams, and every record-breaking race in the Bird's Nest. When we did leave our couch in order to spend time with friends, the Olympics were our primary topic of discussion. I don't know how many times I've said, "Did you see that last night??" And now we will have to find something else to talk about...
Part of me wonders what I will be doing the next time the summer Olympics roll around. Last time I was about to enter my senior year of high school. Now I'm finished with school completely and am married. What next? Where will we be in four years, and what will we be doing? Who will be there with us to share in the excitement?
One way James and I differ is that I worry a lot about the future, whereas he is content to trust that everything will turn out alright. That is one of the many reasons I am so thankful to have him in my life. He keeps me grounded and reminds me of what is important when I start to freak out. After all, we do not know what the future holds, but we do know Who holds the future. And that's all we really need to know.
2 comments:
Amen!
Hey! I am just catching up on people's blogs. I know I am way behind!
Ditto about the Olympics! Just so you know, I am a huge Olympics fan! I have an Olympic flag hanging in my room and I have plans with Erika to go to the Winter Olympics in 2010!
It is quite amazing to see what changes are made in your life. Each time I started a new phase in my life, I used to think that this was it. This is how life is going to be. Each time things changed and I moved on, as everyone does. Yet, I still say it. I have not yet realized that we don't know what to expect and that things will change...quickly and drastically.
I do hope that things are going well!
Post a Comment