I don't suppose a blog actually requires any explanation for its existence (as that is somewhat self-explanatory). But I figure I will offer one - partly so I feel better about participating in this slightly silly form of electronic self-expression, and partly so that you all can help fulfill its purpose.
In the past few months since our marriage, I've been feeling the desire to write. However, I've been at a loss for WHAT to write, as it seems my new life is not particularly eventful. That's not to say that it's less enjoyable than my action-packed college days. Quite the opposite actually. I LOVE being married and spending all of my time at home with James. However, my life now is much more simple and I failed to find something noteworthy to write about.
Of course - this is ridiculous. As one wise friend exclaimed; "Are you kidding?!?! You're a newlywed... HELLO!!! Your life has COMPLETELY changed. You now have a lifetime's worth of things to write about!" And she is, as always, quite right. To say that nothing exciting is happening in my life is doing a huge disservice to me, my wonderful husband, and my Maker.
And thus, I have created this blog as a way to help me explore the subtle ways that God is moving in my life. As I take the time to really reflect on the outcome of my day, I see small, shining examples of His design and purpose, and it gives me encouragement in the dull moments. So I hope you all will continue to read and help hold me accountable to this quest to grow in my appreciation for His Plan.
5 comments:
How cool! Good for you. I've threatened myself with starting one for years - maybe this was the inspiration I was looking for :).
Your friend is indeed wise, and I think you will find that the complexity of your life is only just beginning to unfold. "Noteworthy" is a highly relative term - and I wish I had been taking more notes on the past five years of my life!
I'm excited to share in your insights and discoveries! Thanks for inviting me!
This sounds like a great way to keep us all in the loop regarding the things you are experiencing...and thinking!
Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
C. S. Lewis
....also I think....and have personally experienced writing to be a great way of taking in, absorbing what God is teaching me. It is reflection and it is application. Writing is a great way of experience growth and give testimony at the very same time. A side benefit is that the more you write the better you become at writing. If this is something you enjoy then it is likely that God intends to use it for His glory and your joy!
Wayyy too many exclamation points :) Welcome to teh blog world. It's a strange place.
Writing is always a worthwhile activity, and I look forward to reading your work, Kim. Thanks for sharing your life with us in this way.
I've added your blog to the list I review every day. Most of these I monitor for work to keep up on trends in Santa Barbara, and it will be fun to read a blog by someone I actually know and care about!
I admire the fact that you are putting your name to your blog. I get so tired of reading rants by people who don't have the courage to sign their names. I find it difficult to take their statements seriously and try to avoid the work of anonymous bloggers.
Post a Comment