Wednesday, September 24, 2008
What's for dinner?
One of the many things I love about my husband is his eagerness to serve. Every day around 4:30 or 5, we ask the same question: "What's for dinner?" Usually I have some sort of idea and, an hour or so later we share a wonderful meal. But occasionally, on days like today when I'm feeling rather lazy, I'll say that I don't know and don't really have the energy to come up with something. Instead of complaining or heading out to pick up some fast food, my man hopped up and went to the kitchen and creatively put together one of the best meals I've had in a while. True, it was rather amusing watching him use almost every pot we own to make one meal...and hearing him discover some basic cooking no-no's along the way... But seeing his joy and pride as he served me that steaming plate of pasta, chicken, rice, homemade garlic bread and spiced green beans felt so wonderful, and it tasted even better!. AND - as an added cherry on top of the sundae of AWESOME that is my husband - he even offered to do the dishes. I am truly blessed. =^)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment