Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Anna's Engagement Shoot

One reason I was so set on staying healthy last week was that I was scheduled to take engagement photos for a friend of mine on Saturday. We already had to reschedule once due to health issues, so I was dreading having to call her and tell her that, somehow, James and I had managed to contract the swine flu and would have to push her shoot back another couple of weeks. Thankfully, I was feeling well enough on Saturday morning to keep our appointment.

Anna Crawford was a friend of mine from InterVarsity at SIUC. She was in my small group, and we also hung out on weekends sometimes. She graduated at the end of my first year out there and got a job here in Phoenix as a speech pathologist. When I moved out here in April, we made sure to go grab some coffee and catch up. I was excited to hear that she had met a guy through her small group at church and they were engaged. Not one to miss a business opportunity, I offered to take her engagement photos. She said she would love to have me do that, but wanted to wait until the fall when it got a bit cooler outside. So, after waiting 5 months, we finally got to go out and capture their romance on camera!

Saturday morning, we met up at a beautiful park in the city of Peoria (about 20 minutes north of here) and walked around for a couple of hours, taking advantage of all of the pretty scenery. I also enjoyed getting to know her fiancee Joshua a little bit and hearing about how they met. It's always exciting to hang out with other God-centered couples and hear how He brought them together in unexpected but perfect ways. :-)

You can check out the majority of their pictures on my photography blog.
http://kzwentzelphotography.blogspot.com/

No comments: