I just got to thinking the other day about what I did on the 4th of July for the past several summers, and who I spent it with. It's a series of memories that really shows how far and how fast my life has progressed since graduating from high school. It also made me miss a lot of my friends. Thought it would be a fun walk down memory lane to list them for you all.
2010 - Spent the week visiting James, his brother Jon and my sister-in-law Claire over in South Korea. James and I took a tour of the historical sites in downtown Seoul, then watched the fireworks over Yongsan Army Base from the top of Seoul Tower.
2009 - Had Caleb and Jordan Cienski over for an American themed dinner, to welcome the newly-weds to Phoenix. Then we all went and watched the fireworks in Goodyear Stadium with the Ludingtons. This was the weekend we were accosted by crazy jean skirt lady while waiting for the shuttle bus!
2008 - About a month after we got married, James left me alone in Del Rio to go to resistance training in WA. So Nick and Kristyn Szala were awesome neighbors and took me out to see the fireworks even though we had never met before. =^)
2007 - I was doing summer school at SIUC, so I spent the holiday in Carbondale. On the actual 4th of July it was pouring so Diana and I went to a BBQ at Brandon Geier's house and watched reruns of Scrubs. A couple of days later they held the postponed fireworks in a local park so Erin Bray took me out there to see them after our summer IV Bible Study led by Zack Ooms.
2006 - James and Ryan Worrell were on their baseball roadtrip so I went and hung out with all my Seekers friends at Mark Epperson's house, watching 'Independence Day', and then we went over and tried to view the fireworks in Memorial Park from the top of the Memorial Hospital parking garage. Not only was it not fun to be back at that particular hospital, but our view was interrupted by the new children's ward that they were building AND we missed out on the music. Oh well... I had fun riding around with Jeremiah Johnson and trying to find a parking spot. =^)
2005 - A week after I came home from the hospital following my back surgery, my parents kept finding friends who were willing to come over and "babysit" me while they went out and played in Memorial Park for the 4th of July. Ian Krammer and Ryan Durbin came over and hung out with me. We had an awesome time playing with all the random things people gave me while in the hospital (balloons, play doh, colored pills that grow into dinosaur shaped sponges in water). It was epic!
Love you all and miss you! Happy Independence Day - 2011!!
No comments:
Post a Comment