Today, I took a chance and went to a Japanese hair salon for a trim. I have a very bad track record with hair cuts. I never ask for anything complicated... but for some reason stylists tend to butcher my hair. I did find one woman here in Misawa who gave me good hair cuts, but she left during the voluntary evacuation and never came back. So I've been putting off a hair cut as long as I could. But having a long, heavy mane of hair just wasn't working in this 93* heat with no A/C. It was time for a trim.
There is a salon off base called Hair Prism that some people in the squadron go to. (Claire went there while she was here too.) I had no idea what to expect, but called them up and made an appointment. I brought a picture with me to help demonstrate what I wanted, incase they didn't speak much English. But there was no need. The stylists spoke very good english. They were professional, worked quickly and quietly, and did a GREAT job for a more than reasonable. The experience was fantastic. I was so relaxed and walked away more than satisfied.
My favorite part about getting my hair cut was how very Japanese the whole experience was. They were so polite and accommodating. They had a special place to store my personal effects while they were working. They made sure that every part of me was covered before shampooing my hair so my clothes wouldn't get wet. They even lay a washcloth over my eyes so they wouldn't splash anything in my eyes. The woman who did my hair, Risa-san, made sure the cut was exactly even and precise and perfectly styled. It was great! Plus, because it was a Japanese store - no tip!
If any of my readers live here in Japan, I highly recommend you check it out. I'm not sure how they do on color... They may use different chemicals here in Japan. But for a simple cut it's worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment