I had a wonderful birthday this year. My favorite thing to do here is to eat dinner at Pepper Lunch in the Shimoda Mall food court and then see a movie at the theater there. It's sad but the sizzling and spicy rice and meat and veggie combo is one of the only types of Japanese food I really crave. And since our theater here on base is terrible, I couldn't wait to start catching up on some recent flicks.
Several of our friends joined us for dinner on Saturday the 26th, and then we went to see The Three Muskateers. It was entertaining enough for the occasion but not stunning. I mostly enjoyed eating some caramel corn (which served in place of birthday cake, I suppose) and laughing with my Misawa family.
On my actual birthday, James took me to see Puss in Boots at the base theater (TWO movies in one weekend!!) Then we went to church in the evening. While we were there, some of our friends in the squadron invited us over for what turned into a delicious impromptu birthday dinner.
Most of the weekend was pretty low key and I didn't get any pictures. But I am thankful for my friends and my wonderful husband and all of the fun we had while celebrating the fact that I'm now a quarter century old.
No comments:
Post a Comment