I'd just like to say that we love our couple's Bible Study and all of the fun, creative people in it. Several weeks ago, we were discussing the story of how Esau sold his birth right to his brother Jacob for some bread and a bowl of lentil soup (Genesis 25:27-34). It's a familiar passage, but our friends made an observation I'd never thought of before:
"That had to be some pretty fantastic stew to be worth selling your birthright over!"
Many jokes ensued, and we ended up deciding to have our own birth right stew cook-off one night. The result was an interesting mix of dishes. I made a hearty veggie soup flavored with a tomato basil pesto. Other submissions included a traditional beef chili, squash and kale soup, and a sausage and sweet potato stew. Of course, we were all too polite to really declare one winner. But I must admit I went back for seconds of the one with sausage in it. SO delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment