Recording the spectacular steps along life's journey.
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Kaden 10 Month Update
Our 10-month-old is definitely growing up and filling out. He eats a lot more solid food these days, so he's starting to pack on the pounds (finally!) His legs are chunky and have some adorable rolls. Up to this point, he has been true to size. But now he's starting to wear 12 month sized clothes. He's also got 6 teeth and a whole lot more hair. Those eyes are hanging onto their unique grey color, which I am completely OK with. He is a handsome little boy!
He is not only crawling like a pro, but pulling up on furniture and cruising around the furniture. While we were at my parent's house, he also figured out how to climb stairs. I'm thankful our apartment in Korea is all on one floor so I don't have to worry about our active and adventurous little guy taking a tumble just yet.
We're entering a challenging, but very fun season with him. He's becoming much more aware and interactive. It used to take a lot of work to draw a giggle out of him, but now he's laughing socially and trying to be silly and make us laugh. He enjoys playing with toys, reading books, and manipulating objects in his hands. I think he may have a gift for engineering because he's always quick to figure out how things work and LOVES technology.
Playing a game I call "Godzilla". I build a tower of blocks and he knocks it down.
Our boy is a bottomless pit. Now that he's old enough to eat a wider variety of dishes, he can't get enough! We've tried giving him some grains like rice and whole wheat pasta. So far he's not a big fan of chicken, but he gets some protein from a new love: cottage cheese! This is something neither James nor I enjoy, but we're trying not to let our food inhibitions or preferences limit him as he's developing his little palate. Of course, he's got a couple of favorites. If he could live on nothing but avocado and bananas, he'd be a happy camper. It's gotten to the point where we have to limit his intake of those items, and can only refer to bananas as "yellow fruit", because he understands what "banana" means! Whenever he's hungry he starts yelling for a "nanana". Amazing!
My little cooking partner
He loves avocado!
I am so proud of the way he's growing and developing, and can't believe how fast it's all happening! My heart breaks a little bit for James. We've only been separated for a couple of weeks but already he's missed some big milestones. I pray that Kaden will gain some valuable social skills while we're here in the States. He's still shy and has a hard time in new and unfamiliar situations. I had to go pick him up from the nursery the first week we visited my home church because he was crying inconsolably. Fatigue and hunger didn't help, but I know he has a hard time being separated from me. That's totally normal, but I hope he'll grow out of it and become a healthy, well-adjusted young man.
Our trip to the States was so special. This may have been Kaden's first time in Colorado, but I feel like he's at least half of a Colorado native at heart. So for his 10 month photo shoot we went out into Garden of the Gods and captured his smiles and expressions while dressed in Denver Broncos colors! I love my silly boy!
Teeth!
Checking out the construction equipment over my shoulder. Such a calculating look!
Ah, I get this face all the time... What a stinker.
No comments:
Post a Comment