Not a whole lot has changed from the last update I wrote. He walks very confidently but can't quite run yet (something I'm very thankful for.) He's developing some good fine motor skills as he plays and explores. Developmentally, he is right on track!
He loves being outside and playing on the playground. As the weather gets colder here, getting out and about will be more of a challenge. But I don't want him to be cooped up inside all winter, and so I bought him a nice snow suit with boots and mittens so we can still visit the playground when it's not too windy or icy. Thankfully the weather has been beautiful and crisp this fall so we maximized our time at the park while we could. The photos below were taken on base, where all the gorgeous ginko trees were dropping their golden leaves!Kaden is becoming a little more social and enjoys playing with his little friends. Below are a couple of cute pictures from a recent play date with Jack. Kaden is still a little too aggressive, but is learning how to play and interact without hurting others, which is good. Multiple friends have watched him for me while I've been working on jet photos and they ALL said he was on his best behavior and was very cute and sweet. I'm proud of how far he's come!
He's heading into a new season of separation anxiety and stranger danger which has made it more difficult to leave him with babysitters and friends. He's usually OK a couple of minutes after I leave. But the good bye's are hard. Poor kiddo! But I know it's good for him to see me leave and know that I will come back again. So we keep plugging away.
A few other recent milestones include getting his first hair cut and cutting a couple more teeth. He is also talking a lot more and it seems like he learns a new word every day. He knows many of his body parts and some animal noises. He can say many color names, though he can't really match the name to the color just yet. We've been working on counting and he can consistently say the number two in sequence, though that's about it. Whenever he sees an airplane (whether in real life or an image of one) he points and makes a jet noise. He enjoys stacking blocks and is getting better at playing on his own instead of needing my constant attention.
There is clearly a lot of mental development going on right now. Unfortunately, this is also a really difficult season. We know that he has ideas and wants to do things and say things, but he's just not quite capable yet. So he gets frustrated easily. We also get frustrated easily because we're still not able to clearly communicate with him yet. He'll be whining and asking us for something but we have no idea what he wants and so we play a guessing game in the midst of his melt down. We do our best to encourage him to point and use his words, but we know he's just not quite there yet. I really look forward to when he can speak clearly.
He is still a smart little sweet heart and we enjoy spending time with him. I just pray I'm still able to say that in 3 days after we take our very active little toddler on a cross Pacific flight for our Hawaiian vacation! (Are we out of our mind? Maybe... We shall see how this goes!)
Kaden babbling at the camera (he can see himself),
showing off his ability to say "NO!"
showing off his ability to say "NO!"
and giggling as he tickles mommy.







1 comment:
He's adorable, Kim. I'm shaking my heads that 15 months have passed in a blink of an eye - but I know they've been full of activity in your household.
Post a Comment