Monday, December 21, 2015

Catching Up - Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving week was a little rough because we had been SO sick with the crud Kaden brought home from preschool the week prior. We spent most of the week cooped up inside and trying to rest. Miraculously, Thanksgiving day, we were all relatively healthy (Kaden had mostly recovered, I was coping and James had not yet taken a turn for the worst) so we could still enjoy celebrating the holiday together and with friends.

We began the day with Kaden helping me bake some yummy treats that we would enjoy at dinner later. Then we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV (in real time, for the first time in years!) Kaden loved seeing the floats and listening to the music. We also had a chance to skype with family, which was special.


 After Kaden's nap, we packed up the food and drove to a friend's house for the Thanksgiving meal. Baby Girl Wentzel and I very much enjoyed have second (and maybe third) helpings of the delicious turkey, sides and pie! Kaden mostly enjoyed the antics of his friend Ben. It was difficult to get him to sit still long enough to eat his food. But I think by the end of the night he had enjoyed most of what was offered.

The only picture I managed to snap that afternoon. Kaden and Ben at the "kid's table"

After dinner, we played some games and chatted. Then it was time to make our way home for Kaden's bedtime. Then James and I curled up on the couch and watched a movie and counted our many, many blessings - present and future!

No comments: