We had a nice, relaxed Easter this year. These tired parents of a newborn were not up to planning anything elaborate, but we still found ways to make the holiday fun for Kaden. We missed out on some of the big organized Easter egg hunts in town, but Kaden enjoyed hunting for eggs hidden around the living room. We also tried dying eggs for the first time. Daddy had to get in on the action and decorate a couple in a true fighter pilot fashion. ;^)
Easter morning, the kids got dressed up and opened their combined Easter basket (mostly filled with goodies from family. Thank you!) Then we went to church, where mommy spent most of the service pacing the halls with a fussy baby. (They broadcast the sermon over speakers out there so I still got to hear the message, though.) Then we went over to a friends house for a delicious brunch and some great fellowship time. My hands were full feeding Audrey so I didn't get any pictures, but our hostess made quite the spread, and the kids looked so cute playing together.
I honestly don't remember what happened the rest of the day... Haha! (Mommy brain.) I'm sure it was filled with relaxed family time. I managed to get the kiddos to pose for a quick Easter photo right before bedtime. Audrey was in her third outfit of the day and I had to photoshop out all the pasta sauce on Kaden's face, but we got a semi-decent snapshot of them in spring attire.
Kaden loves his baby sister, and we are more thankful than ever for new life and all the promises of the Cross!







No comments:
Post a Comment