Last weekend I was sitting in the living room looking out the sliding glass doors and happened to notice there was a little bit of blue peeking out from behind the giant green bush/tree thing we have growing in the middle of our yard. Upon further investigation, I discovered that we have a stunning blue and purple hydrangea bush hiding back there! I don't usually enjoy working out in the yard, but on Friday I went out there with some clippers and cut back the green monstrosity so that I actually have a view of the flowers from my usual seat on the couch. Perhaps after the season is over and the bush "goes to sleep", I'll ask Lisa to help me replant it in a place where I will really get to enjoy the view next year. But for now, I'm just excited to have a pop of color amid the sea of green out back. One thing I can say for Japan - they have incredible flowers!
No comments:
Post a Comment