Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Towada Flower Farm

On the second day of Corrie's visit, we mostly stuck around Misawa - exploring the fun Japanese shops and feasting on scones at my favorite Cafe. Then she and Matt drove down to Oirase Gorge and Lake Towada with a few of the other people who came out here with them from Korea. I opted out since I'd already been down there and had a few other things to take care of.

However, I wanted to make their final day in Japan count, and so I asked my friends Sharon, Beth and Kendall to go with us down to Towada City to see the flower farm I keep seeing pictures of in other people's facebook albums. Unfortunately, there is not nearly as much blooming this late in the season, but we had fun wandering around outdoors. There were a few ponds with coy fish and ducks, and plenty of giant blue hydrangeas and other unique Japanese flowers to keep us entertained.


They had some bunnies we got to feed! SO cute!


I made sure to bring my tripod so we could get
everyone in a few pictures!


Below are some shots of the unique flowers
they had there. I've never seen more beautiful flowers
than they have here in Japan!

As we were leaving, we passed a big water fall
that provided an excellent background for more pictures!

After the flower farm, we went shopping in some of the fun stores down there and bought some souvenirs and gifts for super cheap. Then Sharon took us to a cafe owned by one of her Japanese students and we enjoyed a really delicious meal. They all really seemed to enjoy getting to know Corrie and helped provide hours of stimulating conversation. Around that time we needed to head back... but the adventure didn't stop there!

Corrie and I went and picked up her husband Matt, and I took them out to a near by Shinto Shrine so they could get the iconic shot of them under the red torii gate. They were very impressed with the beauty of the area and the traditional architecture. After that they went out to dinner at the best restaurant in town while I met up with other friends. Tomorrow I will be dropping them off at the Misawa Airport so they can make their way back to Korea. It was a very quick trip but I think they got a full dose of all the best Japan has to offer in this part of the country. Hopefully our pictures will help inspire more people to make the trek out here!

No comments: