It's my favorite time of year! Now that Thanksgiving is over and the left-overs are safely tucked away in the fridge, it's time to start decorating for Christmas! Last year we bought a nice artificial tree in an after-Christmas sale. We weren't sure if they would sell real ones in Japan, and knew that either way we wouldn't have much room so this seemed like a good option. I'll admit that our first thought when we pulled the parts out of the box was: "Really? That's it?" It looked pretty wimpy. But now that we've got all the branches fanned out and decked-out with lights and tinsel I think it looks very beautiful.
We (and by we I really mean I because my wonderful husband always does the hard work putting up the tree and then lets me do whatever I want with the rest of the decorations) decided to go with a red and gold theme this year. I was wanting something a bit more sophisticated and cohesive than our usual mish-mash of every color under the rainbow. The tree looks especially good against our burgundy wall. =^)


I love these colors because they always
remind me of our wedding day.

Another cool thing about this color scheme is
that it goes with our Japanese decorations.

I also put lights and garlands on top of James' desk and
the TV stand. Twinkly lights everywhere I turn!

Add a little pine and cinnamon scent to the air
and Christmas has officially arrived!
No comments:
Post a Comment