As a party favor/Christmas gift, they had a crystal ornament made that has our Lady Samurai logo etched on the front. I'm generally not a big fan of party favors and rarely end up keeping them, but these are so beautiful and I will truly treasure mine!
Part of the evening's business was saying farewell to two wives who will be moving away before our next coffee in January. =^( One of them is Sarah Cross (pictured below on the left). She was the one who first invited me and James to the Bible Study we attend on Sunday nights and will be greatly missed!
It was a great night with so many friends in one small space! I took pictures of many of them and finally remembered to jump in one myself.
After dinner and the farewells were over, we did a combat gift exchange (similar to White Elephant except we all got nice presents instead of silly gag gifts.) In fact, many of them were so nice that people were playing pretty ruthlessly in order to walk away with the one they wanted. I brought some lotions and other good-smelling items made with pure New Zealand honey, and was proud that people kept stealing that one from each other. The gifts I unwrapped also got stolen several times, but I finally went home with a beautiful calendar with pictures from all around Japan and a $15 iTunes gift card. Not bad!
Below is the whole group of lovely ladies! I love them all!
This morning was our MOSC Christmas Tea at the officer's club. We dressed in our best 50's dresses, pearls and gloves and shared tea sandwiches and scones with our Japanese neighbors. We also did an activity where we were given some loose, festive materials and had to construct a Christmas ornament using all of it. My friend Mary was sitting next to me and just returned from spending Thanksgiving at Tokyo Disneyland, so we made a Mickey Mouse-inspired ornament.


No comments:
Post a Comment