On Saturday night we decided to join Derick, Lisa, and Lisa's parents on a nighttime excursion to the Lake Towada Winter Festival. Many of our friends are going up to the gigantic snow festival in Sapporo this week, and James and I figured this would be a way to get a small taste of the lights and sculptures. Obviously, this local festival was much smaller and not nearly as impressive, but we had fun. I just wish we would have realized how extremely cold it was going to be. They had a full night of entertainment planned, including traditional Japanese music performances on a stage carved out of a snow bank as well as a fireworks display over the lake. But we were so frozen by the time the program started that we gave up and drove home. If we go again in the future, we will get the timing right. At least we got some great travel photos (which is all I really care about...) Enjoy!













1 comment:
amazing pictures Kim!! and now I am craving something dipped in chocolate on a stick... :o)
Post a Comment