Valentine's Day was a little rough since James isn't here right now... But thankfully I had some important plans to help make it a special day. The catholics needed full use of the chapel Monday night for confirmation so we decided to throw a Valentine's Party for the kids at the bowling alley. The normal leaders, Kyle and Erika, were back from their vacation and made sure to have lots of chocolates on hand and wrote some valentines from God for each student to remind them of His love.
I had fun just hanging out with the kids and taking a break from the major planning I had been doing. It was really fun having the kids recognize and greet me outside of the chapel setting and to hear some of their stories about how they're trying to apply some of those Bible study methods I taught them last week. Hopefully my meager input is making a difference. =^)I sat out the first game since bowling isn't the best thing for my back and just had fun taking some pictures. But I couldn't resist jumping in for the second game. I actually did pretty well - getting a couple of spares and one strike!! But the best part of the night was cheering on the girls in my small group (pictured below). They're awesome and I'm really enjoying getting to know them better!


No comments:
Post a Comment