This last year has been an interesting challenge as we've adjusted to having two working people in the house. Now that I'm so busy, it's difficult for me to balance my time use and make sure that I'm devoting myself to what's morst important. We noticed that when I was working a lot, things started mysteriously piling up around the house and I was too tired to spend good quality time with my husband. But when I made sure to have good quiet times with God in the morning, work out and clean the house, I never get around to working. It's not that I don't have time to do everything that needs to be done... I'm just not organized or disciplined enough to make it happen. So this winter I've been working on getting my priorities in order.
I've decided there are four things that I want to be sure to incorporate into my day:
- Quality time with God
- Be a good wife by spending quality time with James and taking care of the household
- Work
- Fitness
I've finally gotten to the point where I'm pretty good about balancing all four. So now my new goal is to make sure that when I read my Bible or pray I don't just check a box on the to-do list and move on, but intentionally make God a big part of my entire day.
No comments:
Post a Comment