Friday, January 18, 2013

Lady Samurai Christmas Coffee 2012

Our final, official holiday party was the Lady Samurai Christmas Coffee. This is always an event I look forward to because our commander and DO's wives do such a beautiful job decorating and throw a really fun party. We always have a combat gift exchange with really nice gifts people actually want, so it's exciting watching everyone open the pretty packages, and trying to steal the gift we want most. This year I contributed two mounted prints of travel photos I've taken in Japan. I enjoyed watching people fight over that more than I did hunting for my gift. =^)

Our beautiful party favors. These ornaments are heavy and the size of a large grapefruit, but very classy!
So many gifts!! We couldn't wait to dig in!
There were a lot of customized and homemade items up for grabs. So cool!
Our commander's wife Marlie had her two girls help her pick out and open her gift
Love my friends!

Of course, our newest little Lady Samurai named Elisha totally stole the show that night. I got a couple of suspicious looks when I asked to hold her first. (Not normally a baby person...) But hey, it was the holidays and a time to celebrate big blessings in small packages! ;^)

No comments: