Friday, January 18, 2013

Samurai Christmas Party 2012

Of course, the Christmas party we looked forward to most was our annual Samurai holiday bash. This year, we chose to have it at the club. I will say, it was nice not to have to drive very far, and to eat American food instead of weird Japanese food. But somehow I think it lacked the uniqueness we've come to expect from our squadron Christma party. The room was decorated beautifully, with tall centerpieces constructed of lighted tree branches on every table. Maybe my impression of the party was spoiled because I wasn't feeling well that night.


Our lieutenants did a good job of keeping us entertained all evening with games and jokes. Somehow they found ways to get people to do silly or slightly embarrassing things. They also ran a pretty successful combat gift exchange in a time-crunch. It's always fun to see everyone dressed up. But I think the best part of our party was just having the whole squadron together after over a year of being fractured with small groups of people deployed all over the world. After all - it's people, not food, decorations or games that make the holidays special!

All of the spouses. (Yes, we have female pilots now!)
Our Samurai Family! WOOD!

No comments: