Sunday, February 17, 2013

A New Year Brings New Adventures

Happy New Year (6 Weeks Late...)!!! Clearly I am not making good on my new year's resolution to keep this blog updated...

Thankfully, I have a great excuse! Heading into 2013 we have many new adventures on the horizon. Some of those include a 2 month stint in the USA while James completes Squadron Officer's School at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, AL, as well as our big move to Osan AB, South Korea. But undoubtedly, the biggest and most exciting change coming our way sometime around August 1st will be a new baby!!

We were excited to find out that I'm expecting on December 1st. Little Wentzel will be a stereotypical post-deployment baby, but we're OK with that. December was a difficult month. Thankfully, I did not experience severe morning sickness or cravings/food aversions. However, I was definitely queasy, moody, exhausted and forgetful all of the time. Two weeks in, I washed my iPhone with our bedsheets. I have no idea how it got in there. I'm hoping that my sudden lack of brain power means this child will be very smart.

We had fun sharing the news with family members on, or in the weeks following, Christmas. For those parents with skype, we had a little fun surprising them with the following set-up:


We waited till each conversation gave us a good reason to take the family on a digital tour of our snowy, holiday-decked apartment, and ended with an eye-full of our big news!

On January 7th, we got our first glimpse at the little peanut. We were extremely excited to not only receive confirmation that the baby was growing and healthy and hear its heart beating, but to see it moving and waving its little arms and legs at us! We're overwhelmed with this miracle God has blessed us with! At this point, we were only 9 weeks in, but already this little baby has limbs, a face, teeth, and the beginnings of a personality! Incredible.


Needless to say, this next year will be a big one. We will be sad to say good bye to Japan and leave all of our close friends behind. But we are excited for all that God has in store for us in 2013!

No comments: