Sunday, August 4, 2013

40 Weeks - And Still No Baby...


Well, Baby Wentzel is now officially overdue. I went in for a check-up on Thursday when I reached true full term status and was told that I still haven't made much progress. I guess he's content to stay where he is for right now. Aside from a higher-than-normal blood pressure, both of us are still healthy, so the docs are willing to wait a while before intervening and trying to get the baby out. I'll go in for another check-up this coming Thursday, where they will use various methods to evaluate the baby's health. If we're still looking good, they're willing to wait till the following Monday, August 12th, before inducing me. But if it looks like the environment in my womb is no longer healthy or the baby is under stress, they might induce me on Thursday. Ideally, I'll go into labor before then but... all of my pre-labor indicators have slowed to a near-stand still so I'm not feeling optimistic. We really want to have this baby naturally with no medical interventions, so if you could join us in praying for continued health and for labor to begin on its own in God's perfect timing, that would be wonderful!

No matter what, we will meet the little guy in no more than 8 days! Crazy!

No comments: