Friday, August 2, 2013

Nursery Tour

Well - no baby yet. But I figured that, while we're waiting, I can give you some baby-related photos to feast your eyes on. =^) Right before I left home I took some quick snapshots on my iPad of our nursery. Can't wait to bring our baby home and get him settled in his new vintage travel themed sanctuary! Below is a brief tour of his room!

First thing you see when you walk into his room is this framed scripture
Crib side of the room. We will order a vinyl wall decal depicting a vintage plane writing his name in the clouds once we name him to put on the wall above the crib.
bookcase with toys and his starter library
love all the accessories on this side of the room
vintage travel accessories
beautifully framed vintage travel maps above the changing table
I found early on as we were starting to shop for our baby that nursery furniture and accessories are EXPENSIVE!! So instead of investing hundreds of dollars in cutesy stuff he'll outgrow in a year or two, we decided to invest in several accessories that can be repurposed in another room of the house someday. Also, we like the idea of him having a unique space. We're not really into cutesy baby stuff anyway. He won't remember what his baby room was like, but at least this is a space his daddy and I will enjoy spending a lot of time in!

No comments: