I kicked off the holiday season with a wonderful sit-down meal at our commander's spouse's house. In place of our normal monthly "coffee," Kristen and our DO's wife Brandi moved all of the furniture out of the apartment, set tables with candles and holiday decorations, and cooked a traditional family dinner for the ladies in our squadron. Their husbands helped serve us a three course meal and kept our glasses charged all night. They certainly made us all feel special!






In addition to food and fellowship, we had a fun combat gift exchange with Christmas ornaments. Essentially, we all drew numbers from a hat to determine the order in which we picked an ornament. When it was your turn, you could either pick a wrapped package to unwrap, or you could steal someone else's ornament. If your ornament got stolen, you can either pick a new one or steal someone else's. Each ornament could only be stolen 3 times and then it was "dead" and you could keep it. Of course, everyone provided beautiful trinkets to choose from so it was difficult to decide if you should steal or risk drawing something from the pile. Many people had taken time to make squadron themed decorations. Those got stolen A LOT. I brought an ornament made out of a starfish I bought while we were in California. That was also a popular choice! The one I ended up with was very representative of Korea and ended up being a Christmas gift for my mother-in-law who collects ornaments!
 |
| starting to open ornaments! |
 |
| Laughing after stealing a gift! So fun. |
I enjoyed our trip home to the States, but it was wonderful coming home and celebrating the season with my Air Force family!
 |
| Our lovely hostesses! They are the best. |
No comments:
Post a Comment