Friday, March 14, 2014

A Glowing Fiendette Show

 Friday, February 28th was a big night in our household. That was the first night I've been able to leave Kaden with a babysitter so I could go out and enjoy some fun with the ladies in my squadron! Our new namees were hosting a 90's techno dance party themed Show of Colors, and I didn't want to miss the madness. Basically it just gave us an opportunity to do something crazy with our hair, dress up in neon clothes, eat pizza and cupcakes by black light, and dance around wearing glowsticks. :)

 Crazy Hair!!
It was a wild night...crazy introduction to our squadron for a couple new Fiendettes
 Before we named our three new Fiendettes, they provided us with some entertainment by competing in a series of "Minute-To-Win-It" type challenges to determine who went first. Examples of the silly stunts included placing a cookie on their forehead and trying to move it to their mouth without using their hands, or tossing ping-pong balls and trying to catch them on a piece of bread spread with peanut butter. It was a real nail biter... but in the end we had a winner!


It was a rowdy night, so our Sheriff had to spray people with silly string whenever they were out of line. I don't think it helped much. People were having so much fun!


I love these ladies. It was a memorable night for sure - and a great first foray into having a social life outside of motherhood again. I'm looking forward to this next season when I'm able to get out of the house a bit more and won't feel quite so left out. I love being a mom and spending time with Kaden. But having adult conversations is good too. =^)

Great illustration of the mood lighting that night!

No comments: