Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fiend Ball

 A few weeks back was our squadron's annual formal dining in - otherwise known as The Fiend Ball. James and I have been looking forward to this for a long time. We were also both involved in putting together the decor. This year's theme was "A Celebration of Fiend History and Heritage". I helped the ladies planning the party gather lots of pictures of Fiends past and present to be printed in black and white and scattered around on tables and hung from helium filled black balloons all around the room. James helped design a telegram-inspired invitation and the programs. They turned out great! I'm so proud of his graphic art abilities. =^)

All dressed up for a big night out!
Our good friend Tim "CHECK" Six and his wife Nicki were in charge of planning the event. They did a great job! (I must also point out that my talented friend designed and made her own dress!)
One of my favorite parts of the whole night was seeing all of the different dresses. Jenny C.'s may have taken the cake though. I'm not sure how many others would be willing to have our squadron emblem bedazzled on the back of a ball gown!
Love these ladies!

 The night involved a fancy sit down meal, a few video presentations, an inspiring speech by our wing commander, and lots of amusing tomfoolery by our Master of Ceremonies - none other than our good friend, Caleb Cienski. I don't think they could have chosen a better person to keep us all entertained. I was also glad that they gave him a job so he didn't feel quite so out of place without a date. (Jordan won't be returning from the States till after Red Flag in JULY!)

Our table
Tim and Caleb interviewing our Mayor, Brian Morrissey, about his knowledge of Fiend history. He failed. haha
After the formal portion of the evening was over, the jackets came off and the guys proudly flaunted their party shirts (uniform mess dress shirts with fancy custom sleeves and backs that are hidden under their jackets until the party really gets started.) Most of our time was spent snapping photos with beloved friends who will be PCSing soon, and rocking out as the squadron cover band serenaded us with hits from the past.

Harrumph to the Fiendettes!
RTB Academy class of '06
I will miss these ladies when all 3 of them move to Hill AFB, Utah this summer
Men showing off their mustaches. So silly...
Me with our Squadron Commander's wife Kristen
We have so enjoyed their leadership and will be sad to say farewell to them next month.
At the end of the night, our friend Nate Hofmann serenaded his beautiful wife Jenny for her birthday
The band

 We really enjoyed having a night out and getting dressed up. Sometimes it's nice to feel like more than just a mommy. In fact, while hanging on the arm of my handsome date, I felt like a million bucks.

No comments: