Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter Fun!

This Easter was the first major holiday that James has missed since Kaden was born. He was TDY for two weeks in southern Korea. We were a little sad he couldn't be here to celebrate with us. But the ladies in the squadron and I had plenty to do to keep us busy and help us enjoy the holiday nonetheless.

On Saturday, we went to the squadron kid's Easter party at the park. They had a nice breakfast buffet, held an Easter egg hunt and did some other crafts and games. Kaden was, of course, too small to participate. But we had fun watching all of his little friends collect their eggs and chatting with the ladies. I look forward to next year's party when we can help him hunt for some colored treasures!


 I think the highlight of my morning was definitely watching him and little Riley interact. Jenny and I were chatting and happened to park their strollers next to each other before leaving the park. I was glad I had my camera in hand so I could capture this special moment: They held hands!

Look at those sweet faces!

 On Easter Sunday, Kaden and I got all dressed up. I put a few little gifts from Grandma Zuercher in a basket for him. He actually had fun pulling everything out and playing with it. We initially weren't planning on giving him an Easter basket but now I'm glad we did. Cute pictures!




Didn't take him long to figure out it rattled.
Eating breakfast in his Easter bib!
 That morning, several squadron friends and I got together for a big Easter brunch at the O Club. There was a man in a very old, shabby Easter bunny costume taking pictures with people's kids. We chose not to partake though because every time he'd come close to our corner of the room all the babies and toddlers started crying. Hahaha. It was actually really funny. Poor things. I don't blame them. That guy was creepy!


 After brunch we decided to try and get another picture of Kaden and Riley. She looked so cute in her Easter dress and ponytail! At first they were very sweet again. But then Kaden tried to steal Riley's cracker and she smacked him. Good for her - sticking up for herself. But I think that may have been the end of their brief romance. We need Jack to come back and reclaim his girlfriend. ;^)

Reaching for her cracker

 That evening we went to church and worshiped with our friends. Kaden was very good, so I didn't have to get up and leave the sanctuary to walk around with him at all. I was thankful for that! Our friends were cracking up as he babbled away during the worship songs. Our little musician likes to sing! Love hearing him make a joyful noise. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! We missed daddy, but all in all, I'd say it was a good weekend.



No comments: