Saturday, January 30, 2016
First Gambler Gals Naming
Last Friday, we had our first Gambler Gals naming since I've been a part of the squadron. Most of the ladies here have never been to a spouse naming before, so I helped a bit with the planning. It was fun seeing what things are the same, and what things are different in a Stateside squadron. We did not go quite so over the top as the Fiendettes do, but we still had fun decorating the place with Gambler themed goodies, and telling stories about our two friends who volunteered to be the first namees.
The night began with dinner and desserts. Then we had some great entertainment provided by the two ladies we were naming. I'm glad they were both good sports and willing to make us laugh! After that, we moved into the formal naming. I think both ladies were a little nervous and didn't know what to expect, but they did great! Most of the ladies in the crowd were a little shy about speaking up and sharing stories, but by the end of the night everyone was into it and having fun.
I was mostly thankful for an opportunity to hang out with my friends and get to know them better. Things have been a little rocky around here, socially, and so it was great being a part of a good squadron bonding experience! (I also wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to get out and spend time with friends without a baby in arms. Late night shenanigans will be much more difficult starting in a few weeks!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment