Monday, March 21, 2016

Preparing for baby

The end of January and first couple weeks of February were heavily focused on preparing for the arrival of our new baby girl! We finished decorating her nursery with a Japanese cherry blossom theme, washed and folded all her adorable baby outfits, finished up a few projects around the house, and spent as much quality time as a couple and with Kaden as possible before our family dynamic changed. Here are a few photo highlights from that whirlwind time:

View of the nursery as you walk in
Beautiful cherry blossom vinyl wall decal I bought online
Little details on her bedding
The three frames will eventually have white letters spelling out her initials. The pink background is made of real Japanese washi paper printed with cherry blossoms. The obi wall hanging on the left was one of the last things we bought while stationed in Misawa!
We added a few special accessories from Japan and a photo I took of the cherry blossoms there.
Having fun folding and putting away all the cute baby girl things we were given!
One of the big projects James completed before the baby arrived was building some substantial shelving in our garage.
Celebrating our team winning the Super Bowl. Kaden is saying: "GO BRONCOS!"
We took him on a few special trips before the baby arrived, including a visit to the zoo!
I've been trying to find fun ways to entertain him while I'm busy taking care of the baby. This was a big hit: indoor "sandbox" made from a mixture of flour and oil. It made a huge mess, but he LOVED it!
Final date night before the baby arrived - celebrating Valentine's Day and the 10 year anniversary of when we started dating. I'm a lucky gal!



No comments: