After being sick and living on my couch for a week, I was surprised last Thursday when I stepped outside for a much needed walk and found the world very much changed. All of the dry, brown brush is beginning to turn green and there are little wildflowers blooming along the pavement. Many of the trees already have green leaves on them, and the butterflies, grasshoppers and bees are buzzing around again. I don't feel like we really had a proper winter season here since it was sunny, tee shirt weather almost every day. But there is a definite change of season going on and it's kind of exciting! I took my camera with me on my walk this afternoon so I could post some pictures here. (I'm sure I looked very odd walking around in work out clothes with a gigantic camera around my neck...but oh well.)
Believe it or not, I didn't adjust the color at all in the picture above. This very pretty little purple flower is only about the size of a penny and was sitting all by itself next to the walking track. Glad I noticed it before I stepped on it!
Some of the trees are covered with all these little yellow flowers. Very pretty and - thankfully - not so full of pollen that they make me sneeze.
I don't know if you can see it very clearly, but I managed to capture a picture of a little white butterfly alighting on that green stem. I'm glad there was no one in the park at the conclusion of my walk because I kept chasing butterflies around, struggling to get them in focus before they flew out of frame. Somehow I don't think I'm destined to be a wildlife photographer... ;^)
No comments:
Post a Comment