Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter, everyone! Hope you all had a lovely day!

Despite our crazy moving schedule, we made a genuine effort to celebrate Easter today. We got up a little earlier than usual so that we could get all dressed up nice for church. I was excited to see James in a suit again for the first time in a long while. O=^) This morning's service was very bitter sweet because we knew that it would be our last one at Del Rio Bible Church. I was excited because they used an Easter video I made as a way to transition into the sermon this morning. I haven't really been able to do much in the way of church leadership since I graduated, so this was one small way I got to contribute to the worship service before we leave. Then at the end of the service the pastor called us up to the front and presented us with a picture frame that our friends signed and prayed for us as we are heading out for new places. They do this for everyone on their last Sunday, but it was still very meaningful and now we have something tangible to help us remember our time there.

When we got home, I made us a nice Easter brunch of chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs, and we watched the DVD recording of New Life Church's passion play called "The Thorn" as a way to further meditate on the meaning of Easter. It's a bit cheesy in parts, but I love the music and enjoyed telling James all about it since he had never been to see the play live while he was at the Academy.

After that was over we dived back into packing and have been doing that ever since. However, I wouldn't say all the work has detracted at all from the meaning of the day. I enjoy doing somewhat mindless tasks with my hands because that always gives me a chance to think. (That may be why I enjoy arts and crafts so much!) It really is amazing how much Jesus was willing to endure in order to repair the bond between us and His Father, and I am so thankful!!

No comments: