Sunday morning we all met for brunch before James and I made our final trek home to Del Rio. It was hard to hear things like: "Well, I probably won't see you again until June, so take care!" and realize that we are really leaving. I still don't think it has really set in just yet. Maybe on Saturday when we start boxing all of our stuff up... James says it won't be real for him until Del Rio is in our rear view mirror on Wednesday morning.
Sunday night we went to our last Bible Study. That was hard for me because I think meeting with that group has been one of the highlights of my time in Del Rio. We have really benefitted from the fellowship and wisdom of the other couples there, and will miss them a lot! At the end of the meeting I made sure to take a big group photo so I can include them in our Del Rio photo book.
Tonight we are driving in to the base to spend some casual time with some of our closest friends, kind of as a final bonding experience. Then on Friday night we're throwing a big good bye party out by the pool. It's really hard to get definite answers out of a lot of our friends as to whether or not they will show up, but hopefully the lure of free pizza and beer will be enough to help draw enough people to really make an event of it. Plenty of pictures to come from that, I'm sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment