Well, yesterday's photo shoot went alright. We definitely had a lot of fun doing it - as evidenced by the picture below. Our good friend Dave Gertiser decided to pose like a missile under the wing of the jet while he was waiting for his turn. ;^)

First we took the full class picture beside the jet. We tried to make sure we could not only see everyone in the class, but the full plane AND the mountains. It was quite a production - having the crew chiefs drag the plane out to where we wanted it, and then putting me up on this elevated platform to take the picture. Unfortunately, my smaller lens (which I have to use for wide-angle shots like this) wasn't working very well in the super-bright sunlight and so the pictures were not quite as in-focus as I would have liked. Thankfully, when printed in a 4x6 or 5x7 format they look fine.

After that, we did the individual pictures next to the plane. These turned out much better because I was able to use my telephoto zoom lens, as well as the reflector to help with the harsh shadows. I must say that I'm pretty proud of everyone's individual shots. They all turned out really well, and are just very cool looking with the way we framed it up next to the jet. Over all, I think they're happy with my work - and that's all that matters! There are a few more pictures posted on my photography blog if you'd like to see what some of the other guys looked like. But here are James'!
No comments:
Post a Comment