Tomorrow morning I'm taking the class and individual pictures for James' squadron. Graduation is only a couple weeks away so we're beginning the preparations for that. I got some fun new photography toys for Christmas so I've spent some time this afternoon trying everything out and figuring out the best way to go about my task tomorrow. Half way through, I realized how official I'm going to look now with all of my sweet accessories.
Now, in addition to my camera, I've got a powerful telephoto zoom lens, a very nice tripod, an external flash that I can actually use now thanks to the new diffuser James ordered for me for Christmas, and if you were wondering what that large, gold circle in the background is, it's my new 5 in 1 collapsible light reflector! It's got gold, silver, and white reflective surfaces, a white translucent center that can be used as a large diffuser for natural or studio light, and a black backing that can be used to enhance contrast by creating darker shadows. Pretty cool, huh?
All I really need now is a light kit for setting up indoor shoots and I'll have everything I could possibly need for a full-blown photography experience. Eventually I'm going to need to get a more professional camera with greater manual capabilities and more mega pixels so people can make larger prints with my pictures. But for now, I'm quite content with all that I've got. Now I just need to rustle up some more jobs...
No comments:
Post a Comment