We spent a lot of time last week trying to figure out what we will need immediately upon our arrival in Japan, since all of the stuff that is going to be sent over in our big move may not arrive until 6-8 weeks after we do. =^/ We put together quite an inventory of "necessary items" like dishes, bedding, towels, cold weather clothes, and exercise equipment. We also included my old laptop so I will be able to use Skype to talk to family after James leaves for Korea (as it is likely he will deploy before our stuff arrives, and he will need to take his laptop with him). Finally, we threw in some things to keep us entertained for several weeks, like books, movies, and board games.
We piled it all up in the living room on Thursday night, and sure enough - early Friday morning two movers showed up and boxed it all up for us. On the one hand, it was kind of exciting to finally be entering the moving process. However, it was also a little scary because it made everything real. I had a moment right before they loaded our two containers onto the moving truck where I panicked and realized that our stuff is really being shipped to Japan, and if I want to see it again, I'm really going to have to go too. =^O
Ah well, time to suck it up and get ready for the adventure of our lifetime!
No comments:
Post a Comment