Monday, March 29, 2010

Good Bye Party

Well, we've come to our final week in Phoenix! How crazy is that?? It seems like just yesterday that we were settling into our new house and I was telling you all about how excited I am to have a Chipotle AND an In-N-Out AND a Target nearby. Now it's time to pack up and move on.

Since so many of our friends are getting ready to leave at the same time, we decided to throw one big joint good bye party at a local coffee house/bar called Ground Control. It's one of our favorite hang-outs because it has a fun atmosphere with really great food and drinks, AND it's owned by an AF guy so the pilots feel right at home. (The name was specifically chosen because it brings both airplanes and coffee grounds to mind. ;^)

It was a really laid back night. In a lot of ways it seemed like just another night with our friends rather than a farewell celebration. Many of our AF friends, as well as a few people from church, came out and we spent the night talking and laughing together. I took a couple of pictures but honestly, it was more about just spending some quality time relaxing with people we care about.

As we drove away I realized that the fact that we aren't going to see most of those people again for a really long time hadn't hit me yet. We said good bye without any tears, and left without really feeling sad. I suppose that's a good thing, because now I can look back on last night with nothing but happy feelings.


No comments: