As time goes by, I am growing accustomed to making healthier choices when it comes to eating. I still have to be careful about how much fat I consume because my body still hasn't quite figured out how to break it down and an overload gives me quite the stomach ache. It's not too bad though, since I don't go out to eat much and I'm finding lots of fun, low-fat recipes to make for dinner. But there has been one thing that I've been craving for ages - and that's a big, warm, gooey pizza.
People know that I'm a chocoholic and consume much more sugar during the day than I should. But I've discovered that my true comfort food is of the warm and cheesy variety - a problem when I'm supposed to be avoiding things that are high in fat like dairy. I've managed to find ways to eat many of my favorite foods, even if it means compromising some of the flavor in order to have a low-fat version. But pizza was still a problem. Somehow the combination of white flour AND lots of cheese AND meat which makes the pizza fatty AND greasy just seemed impossible.
But then I got to thinking - maybe if I made it myself it wouldn't be quite as bad. So I spent a few days researching low-fat pizzas and combined all of the healthy recipes and tips into one perfect Hawaiian pizza! It's a whole-wheat pizza dough that I made from scratch, covered with mild sauce, half-skim mozzarella cheese, super lean ham sandwich meat, veggies and pineapple. It wasn't cheap and took about 3 hours of work, but it was 100% worth it. =^)
No comments:
Post a Comment