Sunday, June 20, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It is the rainy season here in Misawa. It's very hard to be productive when it's gray and foggy outside all the time. But, occasionally, the perpetual rain can be beautiful. Today we've had 2 brief but furious thunderstorms roll through. It's apparently very rare to have lighting and thunder up here, so I've done my best to take it all in.


It's really incredible how much water can fall from the sky at once. It still makes me jump when the clouds open up and dump buckets of water on us all at once. It kind of sounds like a fire hose has been aimed right at our back patio. I tried my best to take pictures of it... but these images still just don't do justice to the volume of water falling from the sky. I am looking forward to clearer skies as the summer goes on... though that will bring a whole new set of troubles as the heat and humidity set in, and I have to fight a losing battle to keep the bugs out when I open the windows for ventilation... =^/

I miss the dry heat and sunshine of Colorado and Phoenix right now...

1 comment:

Derick and Lisa said...

that first photo is AMAZING! it took my breath away, I love it!