Saturday, January 14, 2012

Into the Thick of Winter...

Mark the date - it took us until January 14th to take down our Christmas decorations. I don't know if we dragged our feet so long because we were gone for Christmas, or because we couldn't find the time, or because we think they're pretty. Personally, I think it's because taking down the Christmas decorations means that the fun part of the season is over and we now have nothing to brighten up the long winter months.

As I look out my window, I'm reminded of that quote from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe where Mr. Tumnus says that Narnia under the White Witch's rule is always winter, never Christmas. It doesn't help my mood that the massive icicles hanging outside our back door oddly resemble the White Witch's crystalline castle. I feel like she's moved into our backyard. Maybe that's why it hasn't stopped snowing for the last two weeks...

Whatever the reason, the snow has got me down and I can't wait for spring to come again!

The White Witch's Castle from Narnia

No comments: