Saturday, October 27, 2012

International Talk Like a Pirate Day MOSC Event

This fall, our Misawa Officer's Spouses Club got back up and running with a packed schedule of fun and creative social events, as well as service projects and other opportunities to interact with the Japanese community. The theme for our first big event was inspired by the popular un-official September holiday called International Talk Like a Pirate Day. We all dressed in our pirate-y best, sat at tables decorated with skull and cross-bone festooned hats, flags, and fake treasure, and played some games worthy of the high seas. Some of us even had to walk the plank! I won a prize for my surprising command of pirate/nautical trivia (thank you, Pirates of the Caribbean! I knew watching those movies over and over would serve a purpose down the road... ;^) Below are a few snapshots of the fun!

nametags
Centerpieces
My commander's wife and I added a little Samurai pride to our outfits
Prize for best costume went to Karolina who has a real wooden leg!

No comments: