Saturday, October 27, 2012

October Lady Samurai Naming

For our October Lady Samurai naming, we decided to set aside our kimonos and dress in "classy" 14th attire instead. We have precious few opportunities or reasons to really dress up around here so we decided to sieze this opportunity! So I donned a purple and black cocktail dress and stuck a yellow flower in my hair. I also brought a healthy appetizer to contribute to the massive spread of delicious food my friend Sara set out. In addition to documenting the night's festivities on camera, I also got to be the one to christen the namees with their new call sign, utilizing a fake samurai sword. As usual, the night was full of much laughter, silly stories and fun with friends! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay for the after party because I had to run home and pack for my Tokyo adventures with my mom the next day!


Telling funny stories

I love these, funny, creative, classy ladies!

No comments: