He is such a voracious eater and will usually suck down anything I put in his mouth - even medicine! - so I didn't really expect any problems introducing solids. His first time went very smoothly. He took several bites without making a face or spitting the food out. However, I think he may have been a little distracted by the camera daddy was holding in front of his face so he couldn't really process what was going on. Over the next three days he made some very funny faces when I tried to spoon the yams into his mouth. He wouldn't fight it or spit it out. But he made a face like it was really sour - or like he didn't care for my cooking but didn't want to be rude. Haha! But now it's been five or six days since we started introducing veggie purees and he seems to be used to it and enjoys it!
This morning, we tried a new food - roasted butternut squash. It's possible that it's so similar to the yams that he didn't notice a difference. But he ate the whole serving with relish and would have liked more if I had it. Once we give the squash its required 3-4 day test period (to make sure he's not allergic before introducing another new food), we'll try something a little more different - maybe carrots or peas!
![]() | |
| Roasted butternut squash puree, pre-portioned and ready for the freezer. Look at that color! |

No comments:
Post a Comment