I have now been officially inducted as the President of our chapel's Protestant Women of the Chapel organization. Over the last couple months I've gone through a thorough application, interview and training process in preparation for leading our ladies over the next year. I'm really more of a figurehead - we have a team of 10-15 women who are going to be doing the real ministry work, leading Bible studies, planning events, reaching out to new ladies, caring for the kiddos, and managing the administrative tasks. My job is mostly building, encouraging and equipping our leadership team, organizing our board meetings, communicating with the chaplains about our needs and progress, and serving as the official "face" or point-of-contact for the ministry on base. These first few weeks have been really hectic as we're trying to get our feet under us. But things are starting to come together and I'm excited for all God has in store this next year.
On Monday, May 12th, the chapel held a nice, formal induction ceremony where the past executive board members literally passed the torch onto our new board. I was glad James could be there to support us (and take pictures!)
 |
| Past board and current board with Ch. Watson |
Above is a photo of our new executive board. (I'm working on appointing several ladies to our supporting or joint board right now.) From left to right, we have Amy Harris - financial liaison, Cortney Piper - spiritual life coordinator (bible studies, prayer, etc.), Me - president, Sarah Markowski - programs, and Jessica Kinney - administrative coordinator.
It's a great team of ladies! I'm very humbled and blessed to work with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment