Thursday, August 7, 2014

Kaden's 11 Month Update


Our boy continues to grow and develop at a rapid pace. Now that he's eating a lot more solid foods, he has really bulked up. I'm not sure exactly how much he weighs, but I know it's over 20 lbs. I feel like I'm carrying around a small boulder! He's now solidly in 12 month clothes.

He's now very proficient in pulling up to standing, and can not only cruise around furniture, but even along the walls and cabinets without a handle or edge to hold on to. He loves to rough house, being tickled and flipped upside down. We do a lot of airplane rides in my arms or on my legs. He also loves crawling around and exploring the house. He also enjoys checking himself out in the mirror. Hilarious!

His hobbies are still pretty much the same. Our morning routine now involves him spending several minutes flipping through his board books and pointing to things that interest him while I check email and read my Bible.

He's not eating many new foods from last month's update. He's gotten very picky all of the sudden and won't eat most of the veggie purees he used to gobble up. But I've discovered he will eat certain things if they're steamed and cut up into bite sized pieces, even if he won't eat them pureed. Now that he can feed himself, he will eat carrots, green beans and broccoli. I guess this means he's ready to venture into the world of table foods!

This month we experienced a lot of new things, like swimming and watching fireworks. As I described in my previous blogs, I'm very impressed with how well he handled the unfamiliar situations and stimuli. He still takes a while to warm up to new things, but doesn't react as negatively. The ladies in the church nursery say he's also slowly starting to get used to being in there with the other kids and will actually play on his own! Hallelujah.

He loves dancing to music. If anything comes on the radio with a beat, he will start to bounce and wave his hands. We definitely missed having grandma and Uncle Nate around to play for him when we returned to Korea, so I started letting him watch a couple Judah and the Lion music videos each day. You can see his reaction below:



Other than that, we don't have much to report. He seems to be right on track with his development and is getting closer to walking. I imagine we'll have all kinds of exciting news about what Kaden's doing and eating in his final first-year growth update! I can't believe his birthday is only one month away. How time flies.

OK, mom, I'll sit still for a picture for about 2 seconds...
Playing his new favorite game: catch the camera!
Love those grey eyes!
Unfortunately, he's inherited his father's puppy dog eyes
I get this face a lot.

No comments: