Friday, September 18, 2009

Dating My Husband

As I mentioned in my last post, our church is going through a new series about how to have a great marriage. In last week's sermon, our pastor pointed out that men and women think differently about dating. Women are mostly looking for a romantic way to connect on a deeper level (which can happen anywhere and really doesn't require much money or planning), whereas men think that in order for a date to be special it needs to be a big, planned out event. James and I found this to be really intriguing because we both definitely think that way.

The more that I thought about it, the more I realized that a lot of times "date nights" are centered around making the wife happy - you go out to a romantic dinner, see a chick flick, take a walk in the park, etc. But I think that women should take their husbands on dates and honor them by doing something they like too. So, yesterday I went with James to the golf course and participated in one of his favorite hobbies for the very first time. Of course, I can't actually play because of my back, but I rode around in the cart with him, watched him play, and had fun taking some pictures. He was even gracious enough to let me try putting once (which didn't work out so well, but at least I looked really cute while doing it!) Over all it was a fun and memorable afternoon and I know he was excited to share one of his passions with me.


No comments: