Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, James!

Friday, September 25th, was James' 26th birthday! I took it upon myself to make sure he had a wonderful weekend, and I believe I succeeded. =^)

While he was at work, I wrapped up his gifts and set out all of his cards so that he'd be greeted by loving words when he got home. I know that he has been wanting some new shirts for a while now, so I bought him a new tee shirt inspired by his favorite TV show How I Met Your Mother, as well as a nice new polo shirt that he can wear while golfing or to church. He loved them both, and immediately threw them in the washing machine so he could wear them out this weekend.

Friday night we got some of our friends together and went out for a nice dinner at The Elephant Bar. We decided on this venue for the party because The Elephant Bar serves James' favorite dish - Tri-Tip (a special cut of beef beloved by Californians.) We were disappointed to see that they recently changed their menu and no longer serve Tri-Tip, but the food we did get was delicious and the company more than made up for it. James even got a complimentary birthday sundae which he graciously shared with his sugar-loving wife. O=^)

Saturday morning I made James a special post-birthday brunch, complete with blueberry pancakes (a real treat since I dislike blueberries and usually refuse to bake them into anything), bacon and fresh fruit. Then we went out and picked out a new, specialty putter to add to his golf collection (compliments of his family). Then we spent the rest of the afternoon reading together, watching movies, and generally spending good quality time together. I think I ended up enjoying his special birthday weekend as much if not more so than he did!

No comments: