Thursday, September 3, 2009

An Update on Boredom...

As many of you probably recall, I wrote a blog a while back complaining about how bored I was and how we just couldn't seem to find anything fun or worthwhile to fill our time. Many of you wrote some very thoughtful emails with suggestions and encouraging words (all of which were wonderful and I thank you.) I figured you might be curious how things were going in that way.

Well, what can I say except: be careful what you wish for? As you can see by this snapshot of my August calendar, I had at least one big thing going on every single day. Many of them were social engagements, so I can't say that it wasn't fun. But it got to the point toward the end of the month where I felt like I simply did not have enough time to do what I needed to and I got pretty overwhelmed. I actually got excited if James and I had a day where we could just sit around on the couch and do nothing!!

It was definitely a relief to turn the calendar over to September and to be greeted with a blank page. My new plan is to seek a balance between my July and August experiences. I now have plenty of wonderful things to keep me busy during the week so I can enjoy sitting back and relaxing whenever James is home. Life is wondefully full right now, and I hope it stays that way!

No comments: