Friday, April 12, 2013

Baby Update - 23 weeks!

We've made it past the half-way point of this pregnancy! Depending on how you calculate my due date, I'm now between 23 and 24 weeks along. It took several weeks for Tricare to process a referral so I could be seen by a doctor here in Montgomery. But finally, this week, I was able to complete my 20 week check-up and anatomy scan ultrasound. Glad to report that our little man is healthy!


As you can see, he is continuing to grow at a good pace. The doc said that I'm measuring a little big for how far along I am, but not outside the realm of what is considered normal. James and his brother Jon were both big babies so I'm guessing the newest Mr. Wentzel will follow in that pattern. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. ;^) It was good to hear that, although I already feel huge, I am right on track with my weight gain as well. Below is a picture taken on Easter when I was about 22 weeks. There is no doubt I've got a bun in the oven!


For the most part, I feel good during the day. He's a very active little guy so I'm often getting kicked and poked, but those movements are a fun reminder that he's down there. I've had a really hard time sleeping at night, though. I've reached the point where I'm not supposed to lie flat on my back and so I roll from one side to the other and back again every 30 minutes, trying to get comfortable. Even with a body pillow and lots of stretching, my hips get really, really sore after lying down for a few hours. I've also roused James multiple times screaming and gripping my legs after waking up with a terrible Charlie horse cramp. (Poor guy!) Add to that a stuffy nose from spring time allergies and the urge to get up and pee multiple times a night and it's a wonder I get any sleep at all! I'm sure our little bundle of joy will be worth all this discomfort, but I am already eagerly counting down to August.

I will have one more check-up here in Montgomery before we fly to Korea in May. Praying all continues to go smoothly and on schedule!

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Exciting to be past the half way mark. You're looking great and so's the little man.....oh yes, I remember well the aches and cramps.