Well, we have arrived at the start of my third trimester! I don't have a whole lot of news since my last post. The one big thing is that I had my blood glucose test on Monday to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. Thankfully, all of my tests came back clean and normal. (That's a big praise as I keep craving sweets and it would be hard to completely cut that out!) The baby's heart beat also sounds strong and normal. I'm measuring a little big (I should be about 27/28 and instead I'm measuring 30). It's not outside the realm of normal but something to keep an eye on. She also said that I'm still on track for a healthy amount of weight gain but recommended I start watching my calories a little more closely since I had gained a little over the standard 1 lb a week since my last appointment. That should be manageable.
Over all, things are still going smoothly. My prenatal yoga class has really helped me stretch and support the extra weight. I will need to find something similar when we arrive in Osan. Our little guy is very active and enjoys kicking me several times a day. He seems to enjoy (or is at least stimulated by) loud music and sound. I'm still hungry all the time but I need to be cautious about what I eat. Not only do calories count, but anything too spicy or greasy gives me crazy heartburn. Our long roadtrip and flight out West over the next week will be a challenge, but I'm prepared. It will be a big relief to arrive in Osan and know that we are home and have access to the doctors who will deliver the baby if anything happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment